The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

FanGirl!

FanGirl! - Angel Lawson

The reason why I got FanGirl in the first place was the theme. I’m a sucker for zombie books, or at least I used to be up till the point where the theme became overused. Throw in some nerdiness and I’m sold.

My main problem with this book is the characters. I cannot relate to any character because I am obviously not the target audience. The best way to put it is this:

Yep. Sad, but true.
Now comes the hard part. How do you rate a book that was obviously not meant for you without being a complete ass? No idea. So I’ll just leave the rating blank, let people read my review and decide whether to give it a try or not according to that. That’s the best I can do.

I also need to mention that I only managed to read around 55 or so pages. So far nothing much happened. Maybe it gets better later?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

I still think the target audience for this is the average geeky teenage girl next door. If you’re into comics, zombies, blogging, cosplaying and all that crap you’ll probably enjoy this. I’m adding in the “probably” so you wouldn’t come back bitching that you hated it and it’s my fault that you did. You silly person.