The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)

Magic Slays - Ilona Andrews

Ugh Ilona Andrews, you need a new cover artist. Your books are too good for these corny covers.

I want to start my review with a message for Ilona Andrews. Mrs. Andrews, are you with me? Yes? Ok.

I LOOOOVEEE YOU SO MUCH! SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! You are my most favorite person ever!!!! Ever!!! I want to put you in a plush cage (I care about your comfort, I would never hurt you!) next to my bed so that I can look at you day and night and make you write amazing stories just for me. Forever! And I won’t share! No no no. Never! All mine!!

Wouldn’t that be great? WOULDN’T IT???

I know it would.

Oh yes. Soon. As in next year soon.

WTF? Can someone tell me why the next Kate Daniels book is coming ONLY next year?? Why?? You there! Tell me why!!

I’m so sad right now. And angry. I just want to punch someone in the face.

And the ending. Oh the ending. Such a tease.

:clears throat:

I apologize. I know this was supposed to be a review and not transcript my current breakdown.

Ooook my kids, let’s start.

I have no idea what to write. It was amazing, as always. But I guess I already said that. Uhm… oh yeah, I think I got something.

I am so grateful for not having another Cat and Bones (Night Huntress) book. Yes, I like couples fighting crime together but it all has a limit. I want independent characters not a freaky Siamese-like couple talking eating sleeping and shitting at the same time. Yes, I used to love Cat and Bones a lot. Now they’re boring, a thing of the past. I didn’t want this to happen to Kate and Curran.

Curran’s absence from Kate’s little adventure is a breath of fresh air in the world of urban fantasy couples. But eventually Curran was replaced by Andrea. At first I wasn’t sure if this is better or not but eventually all was well. Andrea makes a good Watson to Kate’s Holmes.

I’m so curious about Andrea, Roman and Raphael. I usually hate love triangles but this one seems to be so much fun. I am sure we’ll get to see Roman again. Hell, I want to see Roman again. I loved the guy! I actually would like Andrea to dump Raphael’s ass (for good – I know she still has perverted thoughts towards his furry behind) and go for Roman. But I don’t think it’ll happen. What do you guys think? Is she better with Raphael or should she go for the evil-hottie-that-is-actually-not-so-evil-but-kind-of-cute Roman?

He heaved a dramatic sigh. “We could do this like civilized people. But no, now I’ll have to go to your office and unleash plagues on things, and set things on fire, and condemn things. Nobody wants that. Just give me the staff and we’ll call it even. I am trying not to be a bad guy here.”

See how awesome he is??