The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2)

Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) - Darynda Jones

Ooooh kay. Nothing happened. No, drama llama happened. Lots of Reyes-related drama llama.

There were things that I kind of liked in this one. I’m having déjà vu, aren’t you? Anyways, I kind of liked Charley’s character development. I like that Reyes stopped helping her in dire situations and she was able to deal with her shit. Maybe she’ll become a badass heroine soon. I kind of doubt it, but at least it’s not because of her lack of trying. The “mystery” was ok, better than the previous book. At least it made me slightly interested and wasn’t so easily predictable. It ended up being silly, but what’s not silly in the Charley Davidson series?

Aaaaaaaand I can’t think of anything else I liked. Sad, really.

Now for the things that I didn’t like. The Reyes side of things. I found Second Grave on the Left to be too similar to the previous book. Yes, Charley’s off searching for Reyes again. Yes, Reyes isn’t helping. Yes, there’s a shitload of drama and running in circles. No, there’s no development in the hell-related side of things. Reyes was acting like a spoiled dick throughout the book. He wasn’t hot anymore, not while having this shitty attitude. Charley and Reyes’ relationship is too melodramatic. Meh. Really. Meh. I was bored out of my mind.