The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)

Magic Burns  - Ilona Andrews

Hmmm I wonder what this Magic Burns book will be about

What?? I mean.. What?? This can’t be right

Why isn’t she being stupid?? Wha- How???

She’s going to fuck up

Any second now

Aaaaany second now

This book is perfect!!

I mean, amIrite? AM-I-RITE???

One thing I love about Ilona Andrews is the fact that she didn’t make Kate a sappy character. Not once did she have a "love" thought about any of the hot dudes in the book. Not once. Sure, she thinks about banging them but that’s the normal thing to do. No unnecessary crap about love at first sight and all that shit means a happier me. Plus her relationship with Curran is so good. I’m enjoying every minute of it. And you know what? They’ll be together in the future (DUH) so seeing how they develop their relationship is so much fun. It’s almost as good as playing Sims 3. But Sims 3 is way better because it makes you god. Being god beats everything else. So nah, close but not close enough!

Speaking of which, wasn’t Ghastek awesome? He’s taking RPG games to the next level. How cool would it be to be able to control your game character in real life? That would be so fucking awesome! What would I do with it? Conquer Earth, of course. Kill everyone who pisses me off. Spy on people. Lurk in dark alleys and scare the shit out of anyone who walks by. And loot everything. I’m the looting type so can’t help myself, sistah!

But back to Kate. I love Kate. I love Kate so much my heart hurts. I love Kate so much I started writing poems just for her. I love Kate so much I started baking cakes for her each morning.

Yes Kate, go samurai on their sorry asses! Yes Kate, give them the middle finger!! Yes Kate, ride your horse into the sunset!!! Yes Kate, spank me one more time!!!!!!

Wait. What?