The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Animal Farm - George Orwell,  Ralph Steadman Man serves the interests of no creature except himself.Could politicians ever be just? I really doubt this. George Orwell created the perfect metaphor in this book. We are mere pawns for the bigger players that govern our countries and the world we live in. Freedom doesn’t exist anymore. Everything is controlled by the Bigger Power.I must say that I loved Animal Farm. Many scenes touched me; I was angry and sad most of the times. What got to me the most were the lies that were spread way too easily. The naivety of the animals, the greediness of the pigs – these are scenes so easy to find in our day-to-day life. The stories about Snowball’s mischief were amusing enough. Amusing and depressing at the same time. When they convinced the poor animals that in the Battle of the Cowshed he was actually leading the humans and screaming “Long live Humanity!” I was already cracking up. I guess you need a lot of nerve to lie like that. It can be considered a talent. It’s sad to see how they destroyed such a peaceful society that the animals had in the beginning. But I guess peace is not for this world. Humans are made for fighting wars not spreading peace.So in the end which side are you on? Are you the one who believes Boxer died in a hospital while whispering “Long live Napoleon”? The one who knows that they actually took him to the slaughterhouse and wants revenge? Maybe you are the one who knows that he was slaughtered and prefers to imagine that he died peacefully in the hospital? Or the one who ignores everything and just cares about when the next meal will be served? Which of these offers the best advantage in the society you live in?In the end we all reach the same conclusion:ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUALBUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERSRead the review on ZombieHazard.