The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3) - J.R.R. Tolkien Review from ZombieHazard.I started this with a huge amount of hope in my heart. What am I talking about you ask? Well just check all the reviews you get for The Return of the King. Everyone says it’s amazing, all have maximum ratings and everyone is happy with it. Hell I guess even the movie is the best in the series. I’m not sure about that I have to check IMDB and see the scores. Ok so I checked and The Return of the King is rated 8.8, same as The Fellowship of the Ring, and The Two Towers 8.7. Not a big difference.The way they destroyed the ring, Frodo and Sam’s escape, Aragorn being king and the war were really nice. Then things turned out emotional, the company leaving, each of them going their own way, etc. These "goodbyes" actually caught me in a bad moment so I got kind of sad. Which is nice. I actually felt good for them. Listen to me get all emotional. Ugh just ignore me...Aaanyways, moving on. I was so sucked into the story back then. But when it ended, the ring was gone and all was well, I looked at the location bar and saw that I’m like 50% or so through the book. A big wtf. So half the book will be the epilogue? Not half but 20%, the rest were the appendices. Me and my thin patience, I know. Well forgive me but I find this strange. I really was expecting it to end when the ring was gone. It not finishing with this kind of ruined the whole "bomb effect" the scene, and possibly the ending, would have had. Imagine it being the last scene, everyone is happy, the darkness is gone blah blah blah and boom! The end! You’re still staring like wtf, wow, holy sh*t that was good. No? Is it just me?I do agree this is the best book in the series, and my favorite, obviously. I really enjoyed it; there were many awesome moments, a nice turn of events and a good ending. LOTR is a great series; I eventually ended up agreeing with the people who gave me the wtf face when I told them that I haven’t read the books.I still think Frodo and Sam are getting it on. It’s really obvious...In the end check out How It Should Have Ended for Lord of the Rings. Epic stuff I tell you!Watch on YouTube.