The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) - Stieg Larsson What have I become? Reading a book because it’s all over Goodreads and IMDB. And using a Disney gif for that matter. Cheap bastard. I actually saw this is the best novels list or something like that so ha! Take this people who judge me! I am not cheap! I just think that lists and people who make them are cool!I liked the book in the beginning because it felt unique and fascinating. Then I got close to its half and it got full of drama. Useless boring drama. And I’m talking mostly about Mikael and Cecilia (I guess that’s her name. Damn you Swedish names!! I’m having a tough time remembering you!). The drama I actually fell into was Lisbeth’s. Speaking of my dear Lisbeth, she is one of the best (if not the best) female characters I’ve ever met so far. One, she’s a freakin’ genius. Two, I love her looks. Three, she’s badass. I liked her even more after she castrated the bitch who was raping her. And beat the sh*t out of that damn psycho rapist. I love you Lisbeth!Back to my point. It’s not a perfect book; I would remove certain parts from it. That’s why I’m taking one star from the rating. BUT! lol wtfBUT it’s f*cking amazing. Stieg Larsson is sick and I need to read more of his books. Crazy Swedish people. I’m so glad I didn’t wait for the movie to be out before starting this. It would probably make me love it less. The trailer has been out for a while and I have been trying my best to avoid watching it. I promised myself that I will watch it and check out pictures for the movie after I’m done with the book. I’m proud to say that I did it. I only knew that Daniel Craig will be playing Mikael Blomkvist. You just can’t miss it when this guy appears in a movie. It’s all over the place.Thoughts before watching the movie’s trailer▪ Daniel Craig is a strange choice but I can see him work around the role.▪ Some parts are a bit too boring to be used in a movie so I’m curious to see how they’ll pull it off and how much of it will be changed/cut out.▪ I want Lisbeth to be badass. I hope they choose a badass actress. Thoughts after watching the trailer▪ Daniel Craig is actually a very good choice.▪ Lisbeth's image in the movie is waaaay creepier than what I had in mind. That’s probably why I can’t stop staring at her pictures.▪ Bleached eyebrows. Damn, why didn’t I think of that?▪ Loved the trailer. I’m really looking forward to this movie.Personal thoughts that won’t be private after clicking the "save" button▪ I’ve been reading this for a week. I hate taking so long to finish a book. But it was a fun distraction on the bus to Cairo. At least it kept me from watching those horrible Egyptian movies.▪ Kitty killer, I will come for you and cut you. I will make it hurt.