The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Silk Is For Seduction (The Dressmakers, #1) - Loretta Chase Silk Is For Seduction was supposed to be the historical romance book that will make me forget all the crap I’ve gotten from this genre in the past and make me see that there are still good stories belonging to this genre out there. Oh I’m sorry Mrs. Chase, was there supposed to be a plot there? I seem to have missed it with all the growing erections popping up like mushrooms in a forest after heavy rain.What was this book all about? Making dresses for stuck up aristocrats? Or more likely about the duke wanting to bang the dressmaker. That's it? Why would I want to read something like this?I wouldn't.No, you can’t possibly change my mind. I need a good plot for me to like a book. Sex just won’t do it.No, you can’t change my mind.Or.. maybe if it’s a book about Barrons. But that’s where I draw the line!Oh why Ilona Andrews, why did you like this book??? Why did you make me waste my time like this?? :sobs:So this is officially the last historical romance I'll ever try. At least not for the next few years. Maybe later I'll get 14 cats and feel desperate enough to read this crap again. Oh god my dead body will be eaten by cats when I get old... Now that’s depressing. Really.