The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Divergent (Divergent #1) - Veronica Roth Since I’m lazy to put my notes together I decided to make a reading diary. I will put the percentage (Kindle edition, no page numbers – sorry) I was in and my thoughts on the book. Fun, eeh?(If you want to skip this [shame on you if you do!] then scroll down ‘till you find the summary)13% - The idea of factions isn’t so bad. Tris is strange but I’m just at the beginning so can’t form an opinion yet. It was predictable that she’ll go for Dauntless. I’m not so impressed with the story so far.19% - Four... I am number four... Hmmmm Alex Pettyfer *drools*Since I’m nice I added a high res one. Click to zoom into his sexiness!23% - If they start a love triangle I’m punching a baby in the face!25% - Oh nooo Divergent *grabs the wheel* don’t go in that direction!!! That’s the sucky ending! Trust me you don’t wanna reach that *pulls wheel but Divergent won’t let it bulge* No Divergent! Noooooo!!!!!28% - I keep on seeing the vid for “She loves me not” by Pappa Roach. You know, Ferris wheel and abandoned theme park.39% - I certainly wasn’t expecting the story to be a Fight Club replica. I thought it would be about something else, like monsters eating people, Resident Evil style, or, I don’t know, some extreme survival test or something. Labeling sixteen year olds isn’t much fun I have to tell you that.42% - Is there nothing good going on in this book????51% - Finally I’m starting to like this! The whole Houdini act was pretty cool. 57% - Now how can’t I love this?“You’re a little scary, Four.”“Do me a favor,” he says, “and don’t call me that.”“What should I call you, then?”“Nothing.” He takes his hand from my face. “Yet.”60% - I’m finally starting to like this little girl – no wait! False alarm.75% - The only thing I like so far is Tobias and Tris hooking up. This isn’t supposed to be a romantic book. Ugh.81% - I want more pain and suffering!83% - Seriously?? Mindcontol?? Am I the only one who thinks this is stupid???89% - Whoah I just got my pain and suffering wish... wtf?90% - Waking them up should have been your first thought! DUH!100% - *awkward silence* Yes!!! I’m done!!!! And it was utter bullsh*t!!!!Now a bit of a summary, yes?This book got so many praises that I was expecting something epic but at the same time a dark voice inside my head was whispering that it won’t meet my expectations. I’ve learnt to trust this dark voice. It knows things.The story focused on the part that I was least interested in. Factions and initiation and all that crap. Meh. Biiiig meh. I want pain and struggle that goes with a nice story and not Fight Club Highschool Musical. I also want a nice heroine and not a timid frightened girl who all of the sudden sees that she’s the chosen one and BAM! She kicks everyone’s ass. I can’t relate to her. I didn’t like her, simple as that.I won’t say “Omg I like the story” because, duh, Four is the hottest yummiest sweetest zomg I’m hyperventilating hot chocolate melting on his chest boy. He actually wasn’t so great, but since everyone loves a hero you’d say ”Aaaaah an extra star for the hottie”. No! we’re decent people on this land so no stars for hotties!Aaaand what else? I won’t even comment on the ending. Mindcontrol??? I still can’t get over it. I feel like I’m watching the Disney Channel.Sooo behold my cruelty! Two stars suckaz!!!