The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Something About You (FBI, #1) - Julie James Puzzle puzzle on the wall who’s the sickest of them all? Oh wait, that wasn’t how it goes... Blood puddles are red, puzzles are blue, chloroform is nice but so are you! Yes that was it!Not such a big fan of cop stories. *looks at the series title* Uhm yeah... FBI heh? Well... I uhm... thought that... FBI stands for F*cking Bunch of Idiots… funny stuff... So you know why I thought it was a humorous book. *evil grin*Nah, I kid the whole F*cking Bunch of Idiots gig. I like the sound of it but I doubt I’ll ever read a book that has that title. I was actually trying to give the theme/genre/whatever-you-wanna-call-it a second chance. My dear friends recommending this had nothing to do with it *dodges evil eyes from Aly and Dee*Now to my main problem. Question of the day actually: Are we even talking about the same book? Anzu confused... Everyone gave it such a great score and I found it completely boring!Cameron is annoying. Her jokes are not funny and her lines make you want to throw yourself in front of a stampede of demon llamas. My utter dislike for Cameron may also be related to the fact that she likes The Black Eyed Peas and I hate the mere sight of them. Or maybe not. You can never know now, can you?Jack seemed as great as a wall. Not much difference between the two of them. Perfect blending. Ooooh Jack, cut it out. Your jokes are so amazing! Hahahahaaaaaa! Wait did he move? Nah, false alarm.Another problem of mine: Now the pair will have to put their rocky past behind them, focus on the case at hand-and smother the flame of their sizzling-hot sexual tension.Where’s the sizzling-hot sexual tension? I failed to find it in the book. Helloooo? Anyone there? *echo echo echo*Since I was sure the story will be mediocre I was expecting great characters and good humor. What do you think? Did I get these things? Huh? Of course not! Life doesn’t work like that...A Lot Like Love (FBI #2)? Connection failed! Retry yes/no? Uhmm... I’m not sure?