The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1) - Gena Showalter Hmmmmmm look at what I’m reading… Ignore the stupid title and clichéd series name. And the perverted cover. Geez there are lots of things that would make a person avoid reading this. I’m not sure why I picked it. Oh wait.Muahahaha I couldn’t help myself!Well well… What can I say about this Awaken Me Darkly? It’s mostly typical UF to my entire disappointment. I like a good UF as any cool and important person but my dear Huntress of Aliens is not the most special kid in class. The story is mediocre BUT, and that’s a big butt, I’m fascinated by Gena’s writing style and Mia’s badass level. She’s a pro I tell you. Plus the white haired hottie is a bonus. Guess my sci-fi mood will shift into painting sci-fi guys with white hair and violet eyes. Gah I’m so predictable!WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT!...Before you poke my eyes out with a spork I know this is NOT UF. Heh, actually…. Funny story there. Let me tell you how I got to think this is f*cking UF… And how I found out it isn’t…So that’s my story… Pretty gruesome huh? ….. What I would give for a machinegun right now…Aaanywhore, I’ve been judging the book as an UF and since the misunderstanding raped my mind I’ll take a star from its score. Because I’m cruel, that’s why!Mrs. Showalter, I wanted less of thisAnd more of thisSo I would appreciate if you make the future books cooler. Peace out!