The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor You know those books that are so superb and you read them with such passion that the world around you dims and what’s left is just the beauty of its pages and the images they create? And then the time comes to write a review and all that comes out are idiotic words that can never do the book justice? Yes, Daughter of Smoke and Bone is one of those books.I can’t think of a way to write this review. I simply can’t. I’m afraid to smear the book’s beauty with my silly images and stupid jokes. So I’ll be respectful and serious and I won’t act like a psychopath and scream that this is the best book on Earth. No, I’ll just say one thing. Read it, experience it, wonder about it, cry with it, be happy with it, repeat. It’s simple.…Oh hell I can’t help myself!How could I describe Daughter of Smoke and Bone? A Tooth Fairy’s wet dream!Seriously! It’s full of ‘em. It should probably have teeth all over the cover. And speaking of the cover, it’s not awesome enough. If I was an assh*le I wouldn’t pick it because of the funky artwork. If you like to judge books by their covers this don’t make the mistake of skipping this one.Anypoop, here’s a reaction cam image collection whatever for my humble reactions while reading the book.So far my favorite book of 2011! Not exaggerating. Thanks to Dee for reminding me that Shadowfever was published in 2011. This means that Daughter of Smoke and Bone is my second favorite book of 2011!