The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Bloodfever (Fever, #2) - Karen Marie Moning Although it may not seem like it, this isn’t a story about darkness. It’s about light.For now, we don’t get this eagerly awaited light, so we have to settle for the darkness. Which I absolutely love. I’m praying for it to last for another five books or so.Now I’ll try not to get overexcited because I’ll probably end up scaring y’all. I seriously consider this series a masterpiece. I respect Karen Marie Moning so much. She managed to nail it with these amazing characters and intriguing plot. It gets better and better. I had a feeling that Mac will transform into something cool, and I was right. I like her even more in Bloodfever. She is starting to get mature, her way of thinking changed, and she learned a tough lesson: she must stand out for herself. I respect the fact that she’s not a damsel in distress, always waiting for the hero to save her, all the drama focusing on her not being able to stay out of trouble and so on. Well, Mac does have a talent for getting into trouble. However, this isn’t caused by her own idiocy. Karen Marie Moning’s version of Dublin brings out the best in her.I also love the fact that Mac does not shy away from flirting with other men. I hate lust at first sight, and I hate the typical “There’s no other guy on the planet for me but him.” After meeting the guy for a bunch of days. Right. Mac is behaving like normal woman and not like an overly attached girlfriend. Run Barrons! RUN!!V’lane was priceless in this book. He’s just a psycho alien going around stalking poor girls to their naked deaths. I still don’t like him, and I doubt I ever will. I’m sure some people would dream of a hookup between him and Mac, but I’m telling you there’s noooo way this deluded creature could be able to love someone or something. Barrons will end up with Mac. Period! Plus he’s totally behaving like Kaa (The Jungle Book). Please don’t tell me that you don’t see it! ”Come Mac. Let me rape you. You’ll like it, I promise.”Ugh I wish I could just stomp his sorry ass! There are many scenes I loved in Bloodfever. Among them are all the moments of jealousy Barrons had and, of course, the “punching” that got us the long awaited hot scene between Mac and Barrons. I expected nothing less for a first kiss. The kiss in book one, if it actually wasn’t Mac's hallucination, didn’t count for me. I like my heroes/heroines totally awake when this happens.Bloodfever also introduces Dani, whom I love (I can’t wait to read her book) and Rowena the Big Ugly Hag. They are important players so you should remember them.Now the question comes, is Bloodfever better than Darkfever? I may say yes for some aspects, like Mac growing up into a decent person, more info on Barrons, lively action, awesome villains, and no because Darkfever will forever be the dark introduction that will constantly haunt me until the end. Now I got used to the whole creepy environment that I don’t get surprised so easily. This isn’t bad. It’s a totally normal thing, but it influenced the way I perceive the books from this day forwards. Some series have it like that (the good ones, mostly). The first book is amazing and after that they’re great. However, keep in mind this doesn’t mean that the rest of them sucked. They just don’t shock me as much as the first one does.Overall, an amazing series, I’m already half through the third book, so I guess until Monday, I’ll be done with all five of them. Oh I love these guilty pleasures… And now it’s time for my Mini Interview: What's your favorite scene from Bloodfever? The moment when Mac’s dad and Barrons met. It was priceless! I imagine what an ordinary father would feel when meeting his daughter’s “boss” who ends up being either Barrons himself or someone similar to him.What do you think of Mac and Barrons' relationship so far? How is it different from the way it was when they first met? I think they started building up some feelings here and there so of course they are closer than in Darkfever. It’s still not love. Love is extremely far away, and that makes me extremely happy. It’s pure lust. I find it very entertaining.Can you see Barrons owning a pet? If not, why? If so, which one? Yeah, something extremely tough. Like a T-Rex or something of that sort.What was your initial impression of Dani? I really had not much of an impression on Dani at first. I didn’t think she would be such an important character after all. However, in time she started to grow on me, and I ended up liking her (even though I have some secret insight of a dirty thing she did). What do you think is Barrons’ first priority at this point in the series: Mac's Safety or Finding the Book? I think in his world, they are one and the same. Mac’s safety equals finding the Book, and the other way around.What was your favorite quote from Bloodfever? The whole time, I waited for Barrons to come and rescue me, the product, I suppose, of growing up in a world where nearly all the fairy tales I’d heard as a child had a prince rushing to the rescue of the princess. Men down south love to play up to that image. It’s a strange new world out there and the rules have changed: It’s every princess for herself.My reviews for the other Fever books:Darkfever (Fever #1)Faefever (Fever #3)Dreamfever (Fever #4)Shadowfever (Fever #5)