The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) - Chloe Neill Wow… I just finished reading this and I’m still trying to catch my breath. I saw, before starting it, many people cursing the author because she did something really bad in Hard Bitten. I hate spoilers so I tried so damn hard avoiding any hint that would ruin the experience of reading this for me. Now I was sure something will happen, I won’t say what, and in the end it happened exactly how I imagined it. More or less… Wow again… my heart is still beating faster; I was so damn close to crying… I rarely cry cuz of books you know… and yet I’m damn happy about what happened! Don’t throw rotten veggies at me yet! Come on just hear me out a bit. For those who know how this will end think about it. Do you think Chloe Neill will leave it like this? Of course she’ll fix things up and imagine how good it’s going to feel. The story needed a bit of adrenaline. It’s really a normal, a bit boring at times, story so in order for the series to go on and not bite the dust something needed to be done. And I think Chloe Neill just nailed it. Nailed it hard and good. Grea job!Even though in the past books I wasn’t such an Ethan fan, not I simply love the guy. The book focused more on him than the previous ones and in the end we were able to see what a kind person he is. I had my doubts about him being the one for Merit but now they’re all gone. They’re perfect for each other. The rest of the characters were also good, nothing annoying to spoil the mood, but also nothing too flashy to take the spotlight off our favorite couple.The quote below describes the situation very well:Against all odds—and every bit of relationship advice handed down by mothers and girlfriends through the centuries—he honestly seemed to be changing. He’d moved from taking advantage of the chemistry between us to wooing me with words, with trust, with respect.*daydreams*Loved the book, love the series. Love the author. Überfun, can’t wait for the next book to be out. That’s when? November 1st. Meh, not such a long time. Could have been a year or so…I’ll just leave the review to this, don’t wanna comment about anything else. If you’re asking whether to read this or not the question is yes. You have to read this. If you’re a bit too emotional you’ll hate Chloe Neill but mark my words you’ll end up loving her in the next book. I have a really good feeling about this. Maximum score for a hell-of-a-read!Top 5 quotes#5 “Are we ready?”“You have your dagger?”“I rarely leave home without it.”“Then to the Batcave, Sentinel.”#4 Get to the Point: Vampire Contributions in Western Architecture. Fangs and Balances: Vampire Politicians in History. To Drink or Not to Drink: A Vampire Dialectic. Blood Sausage, Blood Stew, Blood Orange: Food for All Seasons. And the awfully named Plasmatlas, which contained maps of important vampire locales.#3 "I mean, who does that? Who touches someone’s hair and pronounces they have magic?”“Darth Sullivan.”“Darth goddamned Sullivan.”#2 I wouldn’t let you leave the House if I didn’t—there’s too much at stake.”“At stake. Ha-ha.” At his frown, I winced.“Sorry. I kid when I’m nervous.”#1 "Learn to be a vampire, to be a warrior, to be the soldier you are capable of being. But consider the possibility that I made a mistake I regret—and that I’ll continue to regret that mistake and try to convince you to give me another chance until the earth stops turning.”Read the review on ZombieHazard.