The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Awakened  - P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast First of all I have to say that I found this book sluggish. Maybe it’s the fact that I’m not so much into this series anymore, or maybe it’s actually the story being slow, but I ended up enjoying it only at the end. The whole Zoey being a coward and refusing to leave Skye lasted too long for my taste. Eventually something tragic happens (I’ll avoid mentioning what for the sake of spoilers) blah blah blah and the book starts to make its pace a biiit faster. And yet I gain even more problems with Zoey. I feel like she’s too weak and silly to be the mighty High Priestess everyone depends so much on. Seriously in time of despair she acts all cute and cuddly when she should be screaming and demanding someone’s (we all know who) death and destruction. And all the bullpoopie crap is too much to handle. Seriously?!?! You think it’s cute? It’s not!Aaaanyways, the good things about the book are Stark and Rephaim. Period!Heath coming back was total bullsh*t. I seriously hate the guy and was happy when he died. Now he’s all back being a badass hottie searching for Zoey to protect her… naaaaah… and I’m sure it will end up with her leaving Stark for this douche. I’m still hoping this won’t happen. Let’s wait and see. November 2011 they said…