The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5) - Susan Elizabeth Phillips Another wonderful story brought to us by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I must say that the whole Chicago Stars series, so far at least, is amazing. This story was simple, but what made it great were the characters. She has great talent when creating fascinating characters, and this is one of the things I love most when reading her books.In This Heart of Mine I got attached to Kevin even since the beginning. In the previous books from the series I always sided with the girls, especially since the guys were ass*s, buuuuut in this one I couldn’t help myself. Kevin is such a sweetheart and a charmer. He won my heart instantly. Molly was too immature for my taste. I know, this is coming from the queen of immaturity, but I’m telling you there’s a limit to this. I had many moments when I wished she was next to me just to give her a slap and bring her back to reality. Too bad she’s a talented person. This made me like her more, kind of…Anyways, in the end I can’t say I hated them both ending up together. I thought the last chapter was cute, and the epilogue even cuter, even though I’m not such a fan of baby stuff. But I must admit there are moments when these things make me smile. I do have a heart, you know!Great read! Definitely worth your time.Oh, I know it’s not really related to this book, but when I saw this I automatically thought of Phoebe and Dan (they’re in the book so you’ll get who they are). Good times…