The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

1984 - George Orwell, Erich Fromm WAR IS PEACEFREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTHThis was an interesting book. I guess this is the best way to put it. I loved the environment Orwell created; I’m a sucker for dark post-apocalyptic-type landscapes. The thing that made me read this was the fact that I loved the movie “V for Vendetta”, and since the book inspired the movie I gave it a try. Now I can’t really say much about it because it’s one of those books what made me be a bit numb but overall it was good. Not epic, but good. I’m a more action type and this was mostly passive, focusing on the mind more than the hero being all shiny and great. Winston isn’t like that. At all. He’s more of a thinker. My problem with him is not really doing anything about it (not that there is much to do, the society Orwell created is a bitch). So I really can’t consider this one of my favorite books, and don’t get me wrong it wasn’t that bad, but it simply wasn’t my style.Read the review on ZombieHazard.