The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) - Jeaniene Frost Aaaaaah *smells the book* the sweet smell of one of my favorite drugs. I’m addicted to this series. And I have a major crush on Bones. There I said it! So imagine how excited I was about this. Hell I was counting down the days until it got released. *sigh* I kind of regret it now.The score I’m going to give it will be a bit cruel. I really wanted to give it a perfect one but I can’t. It doesn’t compare to the previous ones. *prays* Please don’t ruin another series for me! I’ve already have a couple of them ruined this year.I was wondering if Jeaniene Frost will manage to write a book that will kick ass even so deep into the Night Huntress series. Well, how to answer that… This book kicks ass story-wise (even if it’s a bit forced), but character-wise it doesn’t. The story was spooky and pretty awesome. The villain, Kramer, was a very good creation. Cruel and sadistic, he managed to get me angry a lot. Hell, that’s a good thing. Madigan was also a b*tch and I’m sure we’ll get more of him in the next books. I can’t help hating his guts. Ugh he was annoying.I love Cat and Bones. They’re the best book couple in my opinion; they make such a great team. But I felt that in One Grave at a Time they were strange. Cat was ok, I didn’t mind her much, but Bones was in a really strange mood. They lacked that “heat” that made them such a great couple. It seemed like they were old people being married for 20 years or something. They seemed so used to each other that everything they do together gets synchronized perfectly. That’s not a bad thing; I actually admire this in people. But in a book? Meh. A bit more “spice” please!Ian was awesome! It was a delight seeing him make an appearance. Fingers crossed for a book dedicated to him.I missed Vlad though. I can’t wait to get my hands on his book.One of the other things I need to pick on is the cover. Why isn’t Bones on it next to Cat? I don’t agree with placing the damn cat there. I get that it had a slightly (or whatever) important role in the story but Bones had a major one. Wouldn’t it be fair that he would be there instead of the animal? I’m just sayin’.And now for another episode of useless wondering! Here goes! Why can vampires hear ghosts but when the ghost used a cell phone they only hear white noise? Isn’t the sound of their voice supposed to travel even through this means? And am I the only one who thinks corn fields are freaky? Seriously, horror movie much?Oh and before I forget. Mrs. Frost can we get a Night Huntress graphic novel? Pleaseeee???P.S. I need to reread the series. The voices in my head are demanding it a lot lately.Top 5 quotes#5 “Blah blah blah, I’m a slutty witch, and the fires of hell await me, blah. You really need some new material. My mother can curse me out better than that.”#4 “Bugger me blind and bowlegged!”#3 Ian appeared to have recovered from his surprise. He gave Spade an almost accusatory look. “You’re shagging a woman who can turn into a dragon? Blast you, Charles, I am sick with envy!”#2 “Your mum pounced on her and started sucking away. Would’ve been arousing if not for all the screaming.” “Ian,” Bones drew out warningly. He grinned. “You’re right. I was aroused anyway.”#1 “I’ve watched you barely escape death several times, and each instance killed me a little inside. They may be dormant now, but we have enemies both cunning and cruel. Knowing you possess the power to defeat most of them doesn’t threaten me, luv. It relieves me to my very core.”