The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Juliet Immortal - Stacey Jay `~ Romeo’s song ~`There comes a time in every weird underweight scar-faced teenager’s life when another soul inhabits her body and does a quick repair to her life. This may be also known as growing up to some, but to others this is called Juliet Immortal inhabiting your body to fight the forces of evil. WARNING. Long quote ahead. Read it or you won’t get any dessert!He is a romantic, a dreamer, and never afraid to play the fool. He is fearless and reckless and brave and I love him for it. Desperately. Love for him steals my breath away, makes me feel I am dying and being reborn every time I look into his eyes or run trembling fingers through his brown curls. I love him for the way he sprawls on the freshly scrubbed stones, strong legs flexing beneath his hose, as if there is no cause for worry, as if we have not broken every rule and do not face banishment from the only homes we have ever known. I love him for the way he finds my hand, presses it to his smooth cheek, inhaling as if my skin smells sweeter than the petals clinging to his coat. I love him for the way he whispers my name, “Juliet”—a prayer for deliverance, a promise of pleasure, a vow that all this sweet everything he is to me will be forever. Forever and always.Romeo Redeemed. I will read it for him and him only! “This is better,” Romeo whispers in my ear. “Better to die than to be turned or stolen away to the mist.” His voice catches and something damp falls on my neck. “You can rest now, sweet Juliet, and perhaps that heaven we haven’t dared believe in will be there for you after all.”The final chapter found me smiling while switching off my Kindle.