The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Fallen - Traci L. Slatton This book started out with an interesting concept: the end of the world, survival of the fittest. I’m actually fascinated by a human’s limits of endurance and the idea of people mutating and developing different powers was really well developed. Evolution is something captivating and Traci L. Slatton managed to create an awe-inspiring universe using these elements.Fallen made me appreciate things on a different level. I sit now and think of how I’d manage an apocalypse in my life and see how unprepared I’d be. I guess survival of the fittest will set its toll in the end.Beside the great story and emotional moments we have a multitude of interesting characters. I’m not such a big fan of Emma though. Sure she’s having a tough time coping with disaster and I have to admit that I actually admire the strength she proves but she tends to be bitchy and controlling. I’m sure anyone in that position would be similar to her or worse so I won’t judge her.Arthur and Emma’s relationship is sweet; I like the familiarity of it. I feel like I share their feelings because I was with them on their journey since square one. Arthur is actually my favorite character. I guess I have a soft spot for alphas.I’m an action junkie and this book is pretty passive, especially in the beginning. This will explain why I won’t give it a perfect score.The ending was very good and it greatly intensified my curiosity to know what happens next. I’m looking forward to the next book in this series.