The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

This Side of the Grave - Jeaniene Frost Knowing the characters throughout the previous books, it was easy to see the way they changed. Cat got mature; she finally opened up and accepted her feelings for Bones. She was awesome in the first book, then declined and now she’s at her peak again. I guess I can call her my favorite heroine so far.Bones… oh boy… what more can I say about this guy? He was yum before, now he’s yum as hell… I just have a soft spot for him. He’s so damn sexy and brutal and yet the way he treats Cat is amazing. Couple of the year award, please!The story was nice, plenty of funny moments, but also crazy action scenes and passionate love ones. It didn’t bore me AT ALL, which is great especially since these days when my patience is kinda thin (yes, painting saints does that to you). So I can tell you this, didn’t read this series yet? Get your arse moving and get it! It’s worth every minute of your time!Now, I can give you some quotes that I totally loved! (blonde moment ftw)Timmie gave Bones and me a speculative glance. “Before we go, I gotta know: If mind-reading abilities are real, there’s something else I wondered if fiction got right about vampires—”“Ask me if I sparkle and I’ll kill you where you stand,” Bones cut him off with utmost seriousness.Marie's sharp gaze didn't leave mine. "The last time I saw you, you were still a half-breed. Tell me, Cat, how do you find being a full vampire?""It's great," I said […] "I haven't missed getting my period even once, and hey, no more counting calories. What's not to love, right?""Your arrogance deserves its own zip code, Drac""My dear Reaper," Vlad said, still laughing. "Did you just check out our-""No!" I interrupted at once, almost lunging toward the staircase. "I'm tired and still dazed from the Remnants and . . . fuck it, I'm taking a shower. I mean, not a cold shower, because I don't need that"-oh Jesus, I was only making this worse - "because I am cold already, and I need to get hot. I mean, warmer. Oh, just shut up!""No one can hide from death, no one, not even our kind. Death travels the world and passes through even the thickest walls we protect ourselves with”