The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

A Hunger Like No Other  - Kresley Cole Another delicious novel brought to us by Kresley Cole. This time we have glance at a wild possessive but brutally handsome Lykae, Lachlain, and a timid yet passionate half Vamp half Valkyrie, Emmaline. Now I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. It has a great deal of passionate moments, combined with funny dialogue and some nice action scenes towards the end. I must admit I had a problem with the story; I wish it had more depth than this. I’m still hoping this will evolve to something more interesting.This book’s strong points are the characters. I’m sure many women will find Lachlain annoying but I loved him. It felt like he was a naughty pet who caught my affection since square one. It was really nice to see him evolve and grow feelings towards Emma. Of course he had many moments where he got out of hand and I must admit it made me a bit angry, but he made up for them towards the end of the book. Emmaline was a sweetheart. Even though she was shy and seemed weak, she transformed into an alpha and kicked everybody’s ass. My eternal respect for her! I have a problem with the Valkyries though. Why the Xbox addiction? Seriously, all of them? Something freaky going on around here. I get the nail polish fetish and their fascination with shiny objects (*Sméagol voice* my precious!!) but why Xbox? Why not PS3? Or Wii? Strange…Overall a great book but I got the feeling that it’s a bit too much similar to the first one in this series. I kind of got tired of the whole snatch-away-the-female-and-imprison-her-for-life gig. I get it, it’s sexy but you eventually get tired of it. Hope the next book will avoid this.Oh, I almost forgot! It was difficult for me not to take another half point from the rating for this horrible cover. Seriously, it kinda freaks me out....