The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night  - Kresley Cole WARNING! May cause insomnia and heart problems. Proceed with caution! Where’s the sixth circle for the vote when you need it?I really don’t know how Kresley Cole can do this to me. Just when I thought this series can’t get better than No Rest for the Wicked, something extraordinary happened. Hmmm how should I put this? Oh yes! Imagine you’re walking down the street minding your own business when an alien dressed like Michael Jackson rushes by you and makes you fall to the ground. Pauses. Returns, stomps all over you and then makes his escape while doing the Moonwalk. I felt exactly like that while reading Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night. It actually topped the previous book, no doubt about it.So, we have the best thing about it: a great story! I liked the way it gradually evolved; at first you would think it won’t be something spectacular but towards the end it left me breathless. I stayed up till 4 am to finish it. Worth every second, I’m telling you! The characters are amazing also. I did not like Bowen, especially since he was such an asshole in No Rest for the Wicked but I felt bad for him. Being mutilated and stuck in that inferno cannot be compared to, say, a little bit of torture. I would wish that to few people actually, and that shows Bowen had a bit of a chance to win back my heart. And oh man he did! Mariketa was a darling. She is a strong, intelligent woman. And also a very funny one. She made me laugh out loud many times. We also got glimpses on some new characters that I was sure will get their own books. After checking I saw that they did. Yei me! Cade in book 6 and Rydstrom in book 7. That’s some good news for today.So here are a few images that show my reactions throughout the book: At the beginning Half-way thoughClose to the endBefore the epilogueThat being said, here are some quotes I loved:Whenever other Lore creatures like the nymphs and satyrs turned their noses up at the “hex-hacks,” Carrow would raise both her hands in the rock-on horns gesture and shout, “Double, double, toil and trouble, muthafuckas! You just got cursed!”Then she actually would curse them.Nïx lay on her side, bending her elbow to casually prop her head in her hand. With a sigh she said, “Bowen, I took you on as my pet project because I like to ogle you. Due to your rowr factor.”“She, too, is one of Regin’s friends. They’re poker buddies, sisters of the Wii, and Mari is a vaunted member of the karaoke contingent. Regin has long acted as the witches’ designated driver.” “BFF?” Lachlain asked, brows drawn. “Sisters of the what?”Emma supplied, “Best friend forever and a video game.”Lachlain muttered to Emma, “Your relatives are just no’ right.”“What’s your favorite place to visit?” He absently answered, “Wherever you are.”“Bowen, five things about you can’t all be about me.”But you’re the only good thing that I’ve got.In the mud, she’d written him a note with precise letters.Fuckhead:The name’s MariKETA.Go to hell,The WITCH, doing a creepy spell somewhere right now.