The Great Destroyer

Destroying books since 1999.

Saving Francesca - Melina Marchetta I am officially depressed. I can’t believe that I have reached a point in my life where I said, “I’m too old for this.” It’s so damn frustrating.Yes, I know I can read children’s books. I actually love them so much. Hell, I’m a children’s book illustrator so it goes even deeper than just reading them. And now I get to a Realistic Young Adult Fiction book, and I notice that this is my limit. I can’t handle stories about school life, parenting problems seen by teenagers and silly crushes.It’s a horrible thing!So I don’t think you should actually consider my review. I mean I saw so many of my friends liking Saving Francesca, and I totally trust their taste. However, they are younger than me. They are in the perfect age for reading something like this. My age passed without me being into reading at the time, and now I realized how much I’ve lost because of this.But you know what the weird thing is? I love watching anime that has this theme. Particularly, Maid Sama. I LOVE it and I’m currently reading the manga, and I’m enjoying it so much. It doesn’t make sense! Why am I loving Maid Sama and hating Saving Francesca? Maybe because Maid Sama is humorous? Maybe because I have a secret crush on Usui? Did I actually start Saving Francesca because deep inside, I wished it was like Maid Sama?Yep, I guess that’s the answer to my problems.So there you have it! If you are a fan of Maid Sama, and you want to read something similar to it, then Saving Francesca is not for you. If you are 24 (*sobs*) and you feel like you are too old (*sobs*) for a book like this then forget it. We are not young anymore my friends…